iOS Summer Academy Instructor - Multiple Locations
The Make School Summer Academy is an eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app, game, or VR experience.
We’re looking for iOS developers to teach at our Summer Academy. You'll teach Swift fundamentals plus product design, prototyping, user testing, analytics, and more. This is a contract position in 2017 from mid-June to mid-August. Locations include San Francisco, Oakland, Silicon Valley, San Jose, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Boston, Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York City, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
What You'll Do:
- Directly mentor a group of 10-15 students and manage their projects from brainstorm to App Store launch
- Lead group discussions on lecture topics
- Help students work through bugs, crashes, and guide them towards best practices
What We're Looking For:
- Passionate about teaching young developers
- iOS experience (Swift preferred, Objective-C okay if you are excited and able to learn Swift before the program starts)
- Strong people skills, comfortable speaking to large groups of people
- Based in the United States or Asia
- You eat, breathe, and sleep code - you simply cannot get enough!
- High energy and a gigantic smile!
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting or managing a team of developers
- Industry experience building real products
- Ability to learn and assist in teaching non-technical topics
Become a Better Developer:
- 2 week training on Swift concepts and Make School pedagogy at our headquarters in San Francisco
- Be involved in the development and launch of 10+ apps
- Teaching is the path to mastery!
- This is a great opportunity for developers who want to try out teaching, for college students looking for internships, and for iOS contractors between assignments
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
- Product College - An accelerated tech college for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years, divided by a six-month internship at a tech startup. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, storytelling, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
- Summer Academy - An eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app or VR experience. Locations include San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York City, Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
- Swift CSP - Free Computer Science curriculum that teaches iOS development designed for College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course framework. Swift CSP is currently being used by high school teachers and computer science clubs around the world.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Executive and CTOTradeinkSF CityApr 17
CTO/VP EngineeringOroolaEntire Bay AreaApr 16
CTO/C-Founder/Lead Developer in Charity Donations space (for profit)CharityMeEntire Bay AreaApr 15
Cloud Platform ArchitectBoon VREntire Bay AreaApr 15
Team member needed.Xugu Investment and technology & TML consulting LTD.Entire Bay AreaApr 12
Latest from the webjobs by
Financial Advisor / Registered Representative / Agent.New York LifeAlbany, NY9 Apr
Direct Support Professional-CitizensCitizens-Options UnlimitedMelville, NY4 Apr
Customer Fulfillment SpecialistUltralife CorporationNewark, NY 145137 Mar
Director Materials ManagementFinger Lakes HealthGeneva, NY15 Apr
Financial Services - Advisory Services Manager - Insurance Operations Technology Enablement - Performance Improvement – Functional Business AnalystEYUnited States20 Jan
Sr. iOS DeveloperBloom CorporationEntire Bay AreaJan 30
Sr. Software Engineer – iOS Applications DevelopmentCopper MobileDallas, TX, United StatesApr 04
Mobile Software DeveloperFable IncEntire Bay AreaFeb 13
Cofounder/CTOSnipjamEntire Bay AreaFeb 13
Cofounder / CTO (Android + Hardware )NoteslateEntire Bay AreaMar 20